These are some great books I’ve read this year ranked accordingly.
1. Educated by Tara Westover. This may be my favorite book of all time. Growing up in a strict evangelical home I found so many parallels between Tara’s upbringing and my own. Tara overcame serious levels of adversity and I did not want this book to end.
2. Evicted by Matthew Desmond. This takes a look at an issue that on the surface I knew existed, but I had no idea the complexities and downward spiral which can occur as a result of being evicted. Truly a humbling read.
3. Going Clear by Lawrence Wright. Going Clear paints a full portrait of the origins of Scientology and the history of L. Ron Hubbard. While originally being dismissive of Scientology as another cult or religious movement, I found it fascinating how high functioning LRH seemed to be, for better or worse.
4. Cultish by Amanda Montell. Jonestown to Soul Cycle and everything in between.
5. Hit Reply by Satya Nadella. A fascinating look at the history of Microsoft and the tremendous strides made to reinvent itself.
6. Many Lives Many Masters by Brian L. Weiss. I’m not sure where I stand on the idea of reincarnation, but if this book is accurate, it provides a incredible account of a patient having detailed recollections of past lives.
7. The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone. What can I say I’m a sucker for a good self help book every now and then.